Benefits to members
Personal Benefits and services
In addition to the support to members over pay, conditions of service, pension and other traditional union functions the NUT also offer members the following benefits:
- Legal advice and assistance is available to members under the rules of the NUT. The rules provide for advice and assistance to be given over a wide range of teachers’ problems.
- Personal Accident Insurance- Compensation in respect of death of bodily injury resulting solely and directly from an accident caused by violent external and visible means. 24 hours per day, home or abroad.
- Hospitalisation Benefit due to injury at work or to & from work. £600 for 7 days in hospital.
- Personal Property Insurance. Up to £250 if fire, theft or a malicious act is carried out while on school premises.
- Cover for accidental damage to spectacles at work up to £250.
- Car Malicious Damage to Members cars and Motor Cycles while on school premises. Up to £500 which allows members to protect their no claims discount in the event of small claims.
Contact Union Headquarters for more information and claim forms 020 7380 4785
For more information about benefits and advice to teachers visit the NUT website www.teachers.org.uk