School Reps are the most important part of the union at ground level. It is important that each school with NUT members has one. The School Rep is the link between members and local lay officers who in turn have direct links with the Regional Office in Stafford. Even if you only open the post and display the union publicity you are contributing to the success of the union in representing members locally. Your local officers are always at the end of the telephone to help you with any problems or queries. If we don’t know the answer we usually know someone who does.
The main role of the school rep is:
· to be the link between members in schools and local officers
· to support colleagues who have difficulties in schools
· open union post and display union publicity
· encouraging colleagues to join the NUT
- Local Training is provided for School Reps. National Training ( 3 day residential course at Stoke Rochford Hall) is also provided for school reps once a term. It is your right under trade union legislation to attend these courses with pay. Your accommodation is free and your traveling expenses are reimbursed.
For further information look at the training link on the left or email